Hello People !!! I'm penning this blog on March 8, 2023, and it’s the eve of Women’s day so, happy Women's day to all the women out there. Today, we were taken to The National Remote Sensing Center(NRSC) located in Jedimetla, Hyderabad for an Industrial trip. I'm here to discuss my voyage and learning filled with memories.
*This journey was home to learning new facts about satellites*
I don’t know how numerous are into "rockets”, ”space”, and ”satellites” but, I was fed, showing the stars in the sky when I was a kid. I was fascinated by watching those countless stars. (now one can't spot a star because of the rises of pollution. LOL) I like space. After watching movies like Mission Mangal and Nambi Effect, I fell in love with satellites, rockets, and scientists working at ISRO. On this trip, I discovered and gained more knowledge about rockets and their space stations.
Just like an infant formed from a small cell in the womb, a rocket is prepared from scratch by Mechanical Engineers in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The rockets are designed here. The manufacturing of the rocket and the antennae are done in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The testing is done at Sriharikota, Andra Pradesh. This testing is called a burning test. The fuel, working, and satellites of the rocket are tested.
I'd love to explain the different types of satellites!
• Remote satellite: These satellites are used to capture weather changes, and help in broadcasting.
• Geostationary satellites: these satellites revolve around the earth over a particular. They move over a particular place. They only cover a particular place. There are a lot more but….. Let's stop here !:D
The Anatomy of a Rocket
• Cockpit or Payload System: The cockpit or the payload System carries the human or the satellite or sometimes a missile
• The Propulsion System: A rocket is propelled using
liquid and solid fuels. These fuels are stored in the Propulsion System.
Ever wondered how a satellite works?
Newton’s third law: Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
• The propellant fuel burns and releases fuel, leading to a blaze. This blaze is the action. The movement of the rocket because of the force of the gush is the opposite reaction.
• Apart from accumulating knowledge we had a lot of fun and made memories as well. We danced to chikni chameli on the moving bus. Apart from the jerks, the dance was bizarre(LOL).